Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Painted Warp



Today I finished a scarf from a pre-made painted warp (made by Interlacements and sold by Tabby Tree Weaver). The warp was made of cotton with strands of slubby rayon. I wasn't thrilled by the way the cotton and rayon behaved together in the warp, but I am pleased with the result. The sett was 24 epi, which might
have been a little close for this yarn in plain weave in most cases, but it worked well here, showing the colors of the warp nicely. This is going to be a birthday present for my cousin Joy, and I think these colors will
suit her.
I wove another scarf from this warp in a twill and gave it to
my grandma for Christmas. She loooooooved it... So much, in fact, that she asked me to weave some scarves for her to give to her sisters and a couple girlfriends for next Christmas. How many are some? In this case, nine. Yes, that's a lot! But since it was for my Grandma, and since she was giving me a year to do it, well, I couldn't really say no. Besides, I have a plan. If I weave them all in 5/2 rayon, straight twill, and three scarves per warp, it should be doable. I'll post more on that as I get it done.

No comments: