Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Phoebe's first skein

I just completed my first skein from Phoebe, a cormo fleece that I got at Greencastle. There are a few slubby spots, but all-in-all, I'm pleased with it. It is a nice clean white color and, of course, very soft. This was my first real experience with flick carding. I found it to be rather time consuming, but I liked the control it gave me. I felt I could spin a more consistent fine yarn this way, and since I prefer to weave fine, I am trying to practice spinning fine when I do spin. I haven't measured the wpi on this, but by eyeballing it, I'm guessing I could weave with this at about 20 epi or so.



1 comment:

Peg in South Carolina said...

It's very pretty. But don't guess about the epi. First find out how many wraps per inch you have. Then move on to figuring out the sett. Weaving with handspun wool is a delight. The tragedy is that it weaves off so fast!