Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Awesome Gift

I went to a spin-in this weekend at Tabby Tree Weaver and was presented with a beautiful early-wedding-gift made by the ladies there.





The white yarn is commercial, and the rest is handspun. The blanket is, of course, handwoven. It is lovely, soft, warm, and thoughtful. It is long enough to wrap around my fiance and me. It has been nice during this unseasonably cold weather. We are so thankful!

I am busy weaving a couple of projects right now. One is for our guild's entry in the Midwest Weavers' Conference. The other is a sample for the program I'm doing for our guild in June. So no pictures for a while.

Also, this weekend is the Fiber Event at Greencastle, and I'm really looking forward to going. I'm going to look for some nice, natural wools to spin, but who knows what I'll come home with!

No comments: