Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer's here! Also, more about me than you may ever want to know

I was so excited to see the first rose blossom of the year greet me as I left for work this morning. That's a good sign that summer is here!
I have the Louet about half-way assembled now. One small part was missing, so I'm waiting on it to come in before I go any further with it. I've finished everything I was weaving for the guild's straight-draw program. Now I just need to finish a wedding gift and an advancing twill sample for the guild's study group due the same day. I began to weave on the wedding gift yesterday. I wove several inches in plainweave, and everything was looking great. Then I began weaving the pattern and found that four warp ends were threaded on the wrong pattern shaft. So once I fix that, I should be good to go.
Cally had some questions to share. I'm not sure I have five answers for each, but here goes...
What were you doing five years ago?
I was working in a different department at work, living in the old apartment, baking a lot more than I do now, and not weaving at all.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
Pick up some clutter, vacuum the floors, wash the dishes, and hopefully weave a little.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
Ice cream, fresh fruit with vanilla yogurt, homemade bread, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, dried cherries.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
Quit my job, weave a lot more, invest in IDES, buy new houses for some of my family, and replace all of the windows in my house.
What are five of your bad habits?
Procrastinating, daydreaming too much, not picking up after myself, forgetting to water my plants, and keeping to myself more than I ought.

What are five places where you have lived?
The family farm, dorms at college, off-campus apartment in college, an apartment in the town where I now live, and now my first house in the same town (all in Indiana).
What are five jobs you’ve had?
Produce clerk, cafeteria worker, library clerk, summer factory worker, engineer.
I won't tag anyone else just now. I've got to get moving and work on that to-do list!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in! If I had access to oatmeal choc chip cookies I've no doubt I'd snack on them too.